New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:00 pm

Hey people, Remember me?? lol.

Sorry I haven't been on for ... ages, you know this little incovienience known as Life and college kidn of got in the way. So how is everyone?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:19 pm

tgn_rogue wrote:Hey people, Remember me?? lol.
Yes of course we do!

Don't need to post in here to remind us :wink:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:52 am

it's good to see you back, tgn_rogue!

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:53 am

Thanks. ^^

snowball84
Burn:Cycle Activated

New user

Post by snowball84 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:47 pm

Hi,

New user to the forum, purchased my first CDi today it's a 450 :lol:

I've been looking around ebay, reading the forum trying to get to grips with the CDi.

I've always been a fan of the zelda games yet i've never seen anything of the zelda for the CDi? any thoughts :?:

Can anyone tell me if the peripherals are usable across the board, apears to be six/seven different models available of the CDi and i'm going to need a pad rather than the original control

Many thanks
David

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:10 am

The nintendo stuff on CD-i always caused a small hype and collectors are paying too much money to get hold of these titles, just because they are officialy licensed by Nintendo. It's worth getting Zelda's Adventure and Hotel Mario in my opinion, both good games for CD-i.

The controllers are universal to any type of CD-i player, indeed you will need a gamepad to fully enjoy the games, this control stick you should only use for navigating the encyclopedias or other docu-titles.

Anyway, welcome!

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Hi

Post by rdjnl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:14 am

Hi!

I'm new here.

I recently moved and noticed my old cd-i player. I unpacked it and tried it to see if it still worked. I hadn't used it for a long time.

I have 20-30 cd-i titles, I think. Mostly games. My collection is missing some nice titles though. I used to rent a lot of cd-i's, but did not always buy them even though I liked them. They were quite expensive those days!

I rembember that I loved the cluedo cd-i. But I never bought it. (stupid!) The cd-i titles disappeared out of the shops :( and I forgot about it.

Not long ago I found it on eBay and finally bought it. Later on I also managed to obtain the sequel, cluedo the mysteries continue, for a bargain!

I also enjoyed playing The 7th Guest, Lost Eden, Mad Dog McCree, Othello, Mega Maze, Secret Mission, Myst, Alice in Wonderland, Dimo's Quest...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Hi

Post by Bas » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:25 am

rdjnl wrote:I have 20-30 cd-i titles, I think. Mostly games. My collection is missing some nice titles though. I used to rent a lot of cd-i's, but did not always buy them even though I liked them. They were quite expensive those days!
Sweet, that's quite a collection! What titles are you missing? Welcome, I'm sure you'll find a lot of memories here about the Philips CD-i, take your time browsing through The Black Moon Project or just talk about it, everyone who is a little active with CD-i is here, so you're at the right place :)

I rembember that I loved the cluedo cd-i. But I never bought it. (stupid!) The cd-i titles disappeared out of the shops :( and I forgot about it.
I bought Cluedo in the big box version at Free Record Shop in 2003, brand new and showcased, can you imagine :shock: It was there for years, no-one ever bought it, when I saw the price-tag of 5 euro's, I couldn't resist. Even the pencils and stuff, it was very sweet. It was the last time I bought a brand new CD-i at a retailer. I like the title a lot, although the video is a bit dated. I'm not sure how I experienced this when it was still 1994. I remember getting my copy from the library, they had a large stock of CD-i for rent.
I also enjoyed playing The 7th Guest, Lost Eden, Mad Dog McCree, Othello, Mega Maze, Secret Mission, Myst, Alice in Wonderland, Dimo's Quest...
Mega Maze was one of the few games that got its very own commercial on dutch television. I'd love to see that one again. It was promoted as a Marble Madness kind of game, which it totally isn't. But the game is very clever, simple but effective. Another underestimated game is Alice in Wonderland, that one has a great story line and if only the frame-rate was a little better. Oh, the memories....

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:42 pm

Well, actually I don't have The 7th Guest and Lost Eden on cd-i. I played them on cd-i, but I bought them much much later on cd-rom.

I have The Apprentice only on cd-r. This is also fun game for the cd-i, I think.

I never heard of that Mega Maze commercial, but maybe I didn't notice because I was too young.

What I do remember about Mega Maze: the later levels are so difficult.

When the cd-i's were sold via MMC they also sold guides with hints and codes for certain games, including Mega Maze.

I ordered the guide for Mega Maze because I got stuck. I received a 'book' with detailed descriptions about how to finish each level. It said e.g. "Move your ball to the red cross". Obviously such marks are not in the game. I suppose they refer to pictures that belonged to the guide. Unfortunately, MMC did not bother to include the pictures in the book. :evil: So it was useless :evil: After that I hardly ever played that game again.

Did anyone complete Mega Maze (without cheats) ?

fluffy

Post by fluffy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:26 am

Hey, newb here! My CDI collection would've started long ago, as I found a CDI-220 at Value Village for $13 long ago, but couldn't afford it at the time (dammit!).

Here I sit today, with a free CDi-360 (free is good) on my lap, searching for parts for it, and i came across this site.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:04 pm

A free 360 is very nice, you lucky man!

Never completed Mega Maze, but I got pretty far, I DID complete the puzzles in Pac-Panic, those were also very cool. :P

royston

New in town!

Post by royston » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:32 pm

Hi, new to this game, so sorry if I'm about to repeat a previously asked question. My CD-i ws damaged in our last house move and alas no longer works. I have several games including Dragon's Lair, Burn Cycle etc... and I am wondering if it is possible to use them on a PC with a software upgrade or do I have to find another cd-i console?
Alternatively, I could sell on the games if no such upgrade is possible, but I would rather not!

Happy gaming!

highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:07 am

Hi guys,

I'm not exactly new in the CDi community, perhaps devin remebers me as I cold him that Burn:Cycle limited edition many years ago. I was named emeraldman and had my own cdi ezboards right when the blackmoon project also started. Well I was defending the cdi on some other forum.and looked up the black moon project again. The interview with the guy from ADS got me all excited again to hunt down some games....
I'll be here a lot from now on :d

And i still think the CD-i 450 is the best looking videogame console ever!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:23 pm

Welcome back ememan! :D

So what you been doing all these years?
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:05 pm

Devin wrote:Welcome back ememan! :D

So what you been doing all these years?
Not much!

I just hated the planet forums and didn't play on the CD-i that much :oops: I did always read the black moon every couple of months.
But Now I'm back for good :)