CDI 450 AARRGGHHHH - Help

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
snowball84
Burn:Cycle Activated

CDI 450 AARRGGHHHH - Help

Post by snowball84 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:49 pm

:shock:

It has taken me over ten years to buy my first CDI, after wanting one for so long I came across one at my local boot sale. £5 including video card and games.
I am having difficulty tuning in to my TV. I have the RF box and two leads, one for video and one for audio.
They are connected yet no picture after tuning, The RF box is set correctly to I setting. The CDI itself is getting power and the disc is spinning without any unusual sounds

Any ideas?
David

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:54 pm

-are you sure you have the right channel?
-have you tried the SCART connector?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:00 pm

That's a good bargain!

Perhaps it's worth trying your 450 on a different TV? I haven't much experience using this model of CD-i player but the version I do have has an A/V connection. If yours does I'd suggest picking up a composite cable which is dead common and using that to connect with your TV presuming it has that facility. Most modern sets do and is already pre-tuned so no hassle, let us know how you get on.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

snowball84
Burn:Cycle Activated

A Ha...

Post by snowball84 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:12 pm

So simple gentlemen yet I managed to overlook the most obvious of solution, change the lead, now running from a Y,R,W with a scart connector.

I have Mad Dog Mcree game, Four weddings and a funeral VCD, and an encyclopedia etc.

Even though the machine is over 12 years old it still amazed me to see Mad dog mcree on the small screen rather than the arcades. The CDI was a generation before my time unfortunatly so I have some catching up to do.

if you can recomend any pieces of software please feel free.

Many thanks
David

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:17 pm

Glad it works!

Off hand I'd say other games worth investigating includes The Apprentice, Brain Dead 13, Plunderball, Burn:Cycle and Pac-Panic in no particular order just to mention a few.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"