CDI-550 NVRAM problem.

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

CDI-550 NVRAM problem.

Post by cdoty » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 pm

Is there a way to reset the NVRAM in the CD-I 550? It keeps coming up and saying that memory is full, and I need to delete some titles, (it only shows 8%). But, there are no titles displayed.

Could it be a bad battery?

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:01 am

You could also use "cdilink -dir /nvr" to see if there are any hidden files in the NVRAM and remove them with "cdilink -del /nvr/filename". But you need a nullmodem cable then, of course.

You could also write a small machine-language program to zap the memory at 320000 to 327FFF, that's where the NVRAM lives on the 450, and download and run that using "cdlink -n -a 8000 -d yourfile -x" (note that only even or odd bytes are in use, I don't remember which). Actually, just the first byte alone would be enough...

And, finally, you could zap it directly using "cdilink -n -a 320000 -d somefile"; this will probably crash the player but it WILL zap your NVRAM.

More then enough options, I'd say, no need to screwdrivers...

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

False alarm.

Post by cdoty » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:57 am

All it took was charging up the battery, I guess. I left it on for 4 or 5 hours, and it worked after that.

johnny
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: False alarm.

Post by johnny » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:38 pm

[quote="cdoty"]All it took was charging up the battery, I guess. I left it on for 4 or 5 hours, and it worked after that.[/quote]

i have the same problem, the player ( a philips 470 cdi player) , when he starts up , he said, memory full delete some titles, but i can't and the counter said 6%. not full!!!!!. how can i reset the memory, i can't find a battery so i don't know what to do. we can help me???

johnny :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :?:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:22 pm

johnny,
have you read this

There's no need in asking the same thing in different topics.