7th Guest skipping and freezing on Philips cd-i 370

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
Rollersnake
Burn:Cycle Activated

7th Guest skipping and freezing on Philips cd-i 370

Post by Rollersnake » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:50 pm

I have a pristine-looking copy of The 7th Guest, the rerelease version in a standard jewelcase. Not a single scratch or speck on the disc.

The music will occasionally start skipping throughout the game, and EVERY time you enter the coffin room after completing the basement maze, the game will crash. I've heard about the initial release being incompatible with certain cd-i players, but nothing about the rerelease. I have two other cd-i games, Apprentice and Litil Divil, and both run without any problems at all.

I did find this article: http://cdii.blogspot.com/2007/06/cd-...ssues-can.html
in which the author states the existence of bugs only affecting the 370, but does not mention The 7th Guest.

Do you think this is an issue of incompatibility, a defective copy, a problem with my system, or what?

yokohama

Re: 7th Guest skipping and freezing on Philips cd-i 370

Post by yokohama » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Last edited by yokohama on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rollersnake

Post by Rollersnake » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:09 am

Yeah, but it doesn't follow that the rerelease version would crash on pre-400 series cd-is.

I asked about this on Digital Press, and the general consensus seems to be that I need to regrease the track the laser moves on. Which I'd like to do, but I'm not very mechanically inclined, and I'd really appreciate if someone could find/provide photos of a cd-i 370's innards so I know what I'm getting into.