Sony CXA 1145

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
tlh
Burn:Cycle Activated

Sony CXA 1145

Post by tlh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:56 am

Hi, I am working on a project to tap the rgb on a US CDI 220 and use it to light my RGB monitor in my arcade machine. I was wondering what affect the MPEG1 digital video encoding would have if the tap occured before the signals are sent through the NTSC encoding IC? I think the answer is none, but I wanted to throw this out to the tech forum before I risk monitor and system with a test. My belief is the digital encoding does not change the voltage or skew the color signals. All my monitor needs is pure rgb and a sync. I have located all of these signals on the CDI's mainboard, but I want to err on the side of caution before I test and research this carefully first. The goal CDI arcade machine... thanks for any help on my project.. tlh