Boot problem with CDI 220

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
LGE
Burn:Cycle Activated

Boot problem with CDI 220

Post by LGE » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:03 pm

Hi everybody

Yesterday I was in a nostalgical mood and decided to use my CDI again :D , (it hadn't been used for 2 years).

When I push the On/off button my TV screen flashes , shows a blue/green screen(wich is normal as far as i can remember ) for 2 seconds , then the screen turns black for a second and the same green screen appears again for 2 seconds ,then the black screen , then the green screen , etc ..... And this goes on forever. The LCD screen on the CDI itself flashes once when the black screen appears and when I open the CD tray, it retracts when the same black screen shows itself(just like if you keep the tray open when you turn the power off and then turn the power back on).
(I know this post is a bit confusing but the problem's confusing too :D).

Has anyone had the same problem as me ?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:49 pm

I've never come across this problem before!!

Any of you guys have any idea what's going on here?

Overdrive_X
Softech Recruit

Re: Boot problem with CDI 220

Post by Overdrive_X » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:58 pm

LGE wrote:Hi everybody

Yesterday I was in a nostalgical mood and decided to use my CDI again :D , (it hadn't been used for 2 years).

When I push the On/off button my TV screen flashes , shows a blue/green screen(wich is normal as far as i can remember ) for 2 seconds , then the screen turns black for a second and the same green screen appears again for 2 seconds ,then the black screen , then the green screen , etc ..... And this goes on forever. The LCD screen on the CDI itself flashes once when the black screen appears and when I open the CD tray, it retracts when the same black screen shows itself(just like if you keep the tray open when you turn the power off and then turn the power back on).
(I know this post is a bit confusing but the problem's confusing too :D).

Has anyone had the same problem as me ?
Maybe check inside the cd-i if all wire are connected correctly , try to use RF or AV just to check if it's not your cd-i output who busted.

LGE
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by LGE » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:38 pm

Sorry for replying this late but i was on hollidays to France (very nice). :D
I checked al the wires and tried to use RF or AV but nothing worked. :cry:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:51 pm

LGE wrote:Sorry for replying this late but i was on hollidays to France (very nice). :D
I checked al the wires and tried to use RF or AV but nothing worked. :cry:
Hmm it seems we can't limit the problem to a specific fault!!

It's just one of those things I guess when the old hardware fails completely i'm afraid. Probably be cheaper to get a replacement than attempting any repair work.