New here - HAVE CD-I MOVIE - PHILIPS VIDEO CD - WON'T PLAY

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
revtomd1943
Burn:Cycle Activated

New here - HAVE CD-I MOVIE - PHILIPS VIDEO CD - WON'T PLAY

Post by revtomd1943 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Just purchased CD on eBay- The Silver Chair - The Chronicles of Narnia. It is new. I tried it in my Samsung DVD player, and it said it could not play. I then tried it in both my Dell PC's, and could not find any program to play the movie. The most I achieved was to open the folder to see the files on the first disc,but could not get any to play. I even called Dell support line and spent over an hour and a half with a tech rep, and we searched the web, to no avail.

If someone could help me I will be most appreciative. :)

In His service,
Tom DeLaMater

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:51 pm

revtomd1943

THANK YOU FOR SUCH A RAPID RESPONSE

Post by revtomd1943 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:23 pm

If I read the part of the link that applied to my situation, and that would be a miracle, it seems as if the only way I will get to play this, " VIDEO CD By Philips" will be if I find a CD-I player, because I am running XP. :( Is this correct.

Thank you again. :)
Tom D.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:27 pm

You could try the CD-i filesystem driver and copy the MPEG file from the CD-i disc, but the driver won't work with XP. Maybe you can do something with a virtual PC, install W98 on an old PC or else wait for the CD-i emulator to get digital video support. And you can of course buy a CD-i player cheaply nowadays.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:47 pm

The file driver is for Win98 as suggested however you can use IsoBuster which you can find here...

www.isobuster.com

Which does the same job very well on an XP platform! Just extract the MPEG from that disc and see if it works.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

jacksena

Post by jacksena » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

You should try again to play movie with your dell PC firstly clean your cd with liquid cleaner then try again if not played then simply take Dell Support which provide you proper solution.