Battery leaks?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Duke Serkol
Burn:Cycle Activated

Battery leaks?

Post by Duke Serkol » Wed May 28, 2008 2:28 am

As I mentioned in another thread, my CD-i's internal battery is now dead. It's a pity but I can live with it. However the question is... can the CD-i?

I'm worried that the dead battery may leak acid and destroy vital parts of the system. Do you huys think I should open it and remove the battery?

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Re: Battery leaks?

Post by Ruekov » Sat May 31, 2008 2:15 pm

Duke Serkol wrote: Do you huys think I should open it and remove the battery?
In many CD-i models the battery is inside of an DIP and it's irremovable.

Duke Serkol

Post by Duke Serkol » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:52 am

Ah I see... so I guess I should only hope it doesn't leak :?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:48 am

if you follow the posts on replacing the battery, you can remove the battery and don't put back a new one. But the player won't work anymore (at least just like with a dead battery I suppose :) You can find posts to read about that on Interactive Dreams behind the Tutorial tab.

lemmi

Post by lemmi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:02 am

heh i am NOT even a skillfull amateur electrician, but if i ever wanted to do this the pictures wont help me at all because they are SO small

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:06 am

Yes, if I made them myself I would take some higher resolution, but I don't have the players, let alone the time to take them :D The guides origines from Gametronik and Terratron, both of which are silent these days. Who knows what types of updates can be expected in due course: I love it when things get (and still can) be updated :D

Like, regularly check Terratron's new site!

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:41 pm

It doesn't seem very difficult to me. But I most admit, I haven't tried it yet (it is on my to-do list :-)

Duke Serkol

Post by Duke Serkol » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:52 pm

Bas wrote:you can remove the battery and don't put back a new one. But the player won't work anymore (at least just like with a dead battery I suppose :)
Hold on, please clarify that: do you mean to say that just removing the battery won't fix the inability to save problem (obviously), or that by removing it the player (detecting that something is amiss) will stop working altogether?

BTW, if you want to know what is strange about Zelda's Advanture save system, that would be the fact that to save you have to quit and return to title screen. It also doesn't help that if you save after getting the last spiritual sign you will be unable to return to the overworld.