Player Shell Screens

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Player Shell Screens

Post by Devin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Had a little play with my newly discovered S-Video cable and captured these off a Kyocera CD-i player.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Impressed by the image quality through S-Video, this motivated me to find my SCART to composite cable because most normal CD-i Players lack an S-Video port! Just tried a 220 and the image is really great compared to the standard composite to composite I typically use for my video/screen capture. I'm now an official convert to SCART and S-Video only, also it should look prettier when taking screen shots!

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Interesting that it shows the name of the CD-i (last screen); no other player I've come accross does that!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Can't get at the BIOS at the moment, it has an I/O port (very tight fit) but doesn't respond to CD-i Link. Anyway to test the connection is good?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:42 pm

cdifan wrote:Interesting that it shows the name of the CD-i (last screen); no other player I've come accross does that!
I think the SONY also does this.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 pm

Devin wrote:Can't get at the BIOS at the moment, it has an I/O port (very tight fit) but doesn't respond to CD-i Link. Anyway to test the connection is good?
You can fire up Hyperterminal and see if any boot messages come out.

This seems a very different player, I'd bet it doesn't support the download protocol just like the Sony. Any luck with the CD-i stub disc, perhaps?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:36 am

What program do you use do burn it with? Everything seems to spit it out when I don't remember having problems before!

I have some discs anyway just can't remember if it is the stub! These discs become unreadable once burnt?

Frustrated
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Frustrated » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:18 pm

from whar i know, the 450 also says "play cd-i"
if anyone is intrested in 450 screenshots, or gameplay video/screenshot from games, ask me. i also own a cdi and capture card (AV capture)

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:21 pm

I believe cdi_stub is in standar bin/cue format?