Frog Feast code.

Support forum for homebrew development on the Philips CD-i system. Hosted through the CDinteractive network the CD-i Homebrew Forum will provide an active resource for new software initiatives on the system and offer hosting for any serious attempts.
cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Frog Feast code.

Post by cdoty » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:03 pm

I will be posting a simplified version of the Frog Feast source code this weekend. I've passed the code to CD-i Fan for him to look it over. I also have to write up the documentation on building the code, and creating a CD.

Once the code is posted I will try to answer any questions relating to the CD-i, code or, build process. I am definitely not an expert on the CD-i, but will attempt to find an answer.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Bravo! :D

Thanks for doing this Charles. I'm sure the interest exists for homebrew coding on CD-i it's just the understanding appears to be lacking. I truly hope the release of your source code will help programmers have some fun on CD-i! Maybe even the odd game or two wouldn't go a miss if they're as robust as Frog Feast.

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:42 am

Ok the code is up at:
http://cdidev.emuvibes.com/

I'll be posting more details about the build process over the next week.

smartlamppost
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by smartlamppost » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Hey, I was looking to buy frog feast on the cdi, but I couldn't findwhere to buy it :? can you post a link to where I can purchase some multi-player action? One link took me to a myspace page... was that where I was supposed to buy it?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Not sure where Frog Feast stands these days.

Since it was published under oldergames banner which got sold on! Any clue Charles?

Justin Joshua
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Justin Joshua » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 am

I know that they have a blog with reasonable updates on it here at http://www.rastersoft.net/Blog/index.html My friend also has a blog here.

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 am

Devin wrote:Not sure where Frog Feast stands these days.

Since it was published under oldergames banner which got sold on! Any clue Charles?
For Frog Feast's 5th anniversary (August 20th 2010), the last three versions of Frog Feast will be released, and all of the other versions (except the Jaguar/Jaguar CD) will be re-released.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Nice one Charles! Keep us posted, any chance of enhancements over version 1.0?

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:41 am

Devin wrote:Nice one Charles! Keep us posted, any chance of enhancements over version 1.0?
No, it will strictly be a re-release.

I am working on something new, though. Hopefully I'll have something to show on August 20th.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Looking forward to it Charles!

Your 3DO work looks impressive to say the least. Does the tool kit open up free development on any 3DO player with only the use of a windows PC?

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Devin wrote:Looking forward to it Charles!

Your 3DO work looks impressive to say the least. Does the tool kit open up free development on any 3DO player with only the use of a windows PC?
Yep, any 3DO player that can handle reading of a CD-R will work with the toolkit.

The only things not supported, by the toolkit, are video and sound conversion. I'm assuming the 3DO supports a common sound format, so it shouldn't be hard to write a tool to handle sounds, I just haven't looked into it yet. Video conversion will still have to be handled on a Mac/Mac Emulator. Basilisk works well with the tools, and it makes it easy to access the PC file system, from the Mac side. And, since the video conversion wouldn't need to be updated very often, it's not a big hassle.