Brand new CD-i owner with some questions

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
famicommander
Burn:Cycle Activated

Brand new CD-i owner with some questions

Post by famicommander » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 pm

I just got an LG CD-i Portable, model number GPI-1100M.

I was wondering a few things about it.

First off, how much is it worth? I have a sneaking suspicion that I got an incredible deal on it.

Second, is that an integrated control pad I see built onto the unit?

Third, is it compatible with these two controllers:

And finally, does the Touch Pad controller map the third button in the same way the Game Pad controller does?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: I thought you might like to see some pictures

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Incredible find, especially boxed!

The LG does have integrated controls, the first pad pictured should work fine the second one I can not gurantee would work with your LG. It has problems with latter CD-i units! Also the third joypad button is simply a combination of buttons 1 and 2 so you have the alternative luxury of simply pressing the one button for the same effect! As ridiculous as that sounds :D

Price should be in 3 digits, for the UK I'd estimate £150 at least. As with all things CD-i it depends who's buying!

famicommander
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by famicommander » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks for the information. I paid 80 US dollars plus shipping for the unit, and I'm waiting for it to arrive from eBay.