CD-i Query

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
thund3r
Burn:Cycle Activated

CD-i Query

Post by thund3r » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:59 am

Somehow the area I live in has CD-i games in most of the second hand game shops. I'm unsure why this is but i've finally thought about getting one for collectors value and to play some of the more obscure titles.
Primerally i'm a saturn and atari jaguar collector and like obscure games and consoles, so owning a CDi is right up my street. My query is about buying a 470 model, as the 200 models look far to big to store or fit under my tv. Whats the size of the 470s and what features do they lack over the 200 series?

Also i'm tempted by this bundle, is it a good deal? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Re: CD-i Query

Post by K1ngArth3r » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:54 am

thund3r wrote:Somehow the area I live in has CD-i games in most of the second hand game shops
Really, are they cheaply priced? what sort of titles do they have?
thund3r wrote:My query is about buying a 470 model, as the 200 models look far to big to store or fit under my tv. Whats the size of the 470s and what features do they lack over the 200 series?
I would say the 470 is the size of a Micro PC or an XBOX 1 it's a really tidy system with built in DV cartridge etc.

I don't know if you've seen this already but might be a useful site for you:

http://www.icdia.co.uk/players/consumer.html
thund3r wrote:Also i'm tempted by this bundle, is it a good deal? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
That seems quite expensive but I guess you do get a good selection of games to get you started.

I would expect to pay that much for a boxed example.

I would imagine £20 would be a good price for the console along with a couple of 1st gen games.

thund3r

Re: CD-i Query

Post by thund3r » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:50 am

K1ngArth3r wrote:Really, are they cheaply priced? what sort of titles do they have?
Thanks K1ngArth3r i checked today at the local shops i buy used games from and one of them had Hotel Mario and Mad Dog mcree, but unfortunatly were sold last week, however the store owner knows a friend with some games and a system in his loft and will bring it in for me next week (however the cdi does not work). I havent checked the other store, but they had a small selection of titles and some movies aswell.
K1ngArth3r wrote:That seems quite expensive but I guess you do get a good selection of games to get you started.

I would expect to pay that much for a boxed example.

I would imagine £20 would be a good price for the console along with a couple of 1st gen games.
I may hold out then or see if anyone is selling the same model on here. I'm looking forward to playing The Apprentice and a number of other obscure titles.

prabmire

Post by prabmire » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:13 pm

mate where in kent are you, i'm in orpington near sevenoaks, theres a shop in beckenham that has a few cdi games in not bothered to check what though, but would be interested in getting some CDi stuff locally if your willing to help out

Prab

thund3r

Post by thund3r » Tue May 03, 2011 8:08 pm

prabmire wrote:mate where in kent are you, i'm in orpington near sevenoaks, theres a shop in beckenham that has a few cdi games in not bothered to check what though, but would be interested in getting some CDi stuff locally if your willing to help out

Prab
I'm a bit confused with your post, do you mean your willing to pick up some of the games for me or do you want me to pay for them and you to pick them up? Oh and im in Dover.

Also i may go for the 450 model with a DVC, seems smaller and more widley available than the 490. One things that worries me though is whether or not the memory on the unit lasts? Or can it be replaced? I remember seeing a video from Seb (Crap Digging Investigations) on YT and he said that most models only let you replace the memory with some tricky soldering (iirc).

Oh and this looks rather tempting http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Philips-CDI-450-c ... 4aaab1a305

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:48 am

many thx for u info here,dude