New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon May 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Personally, I suspect he's just link spamming... I deleted all his posts from the CD-I Emulator forum because they were completely content-free and they are costing everyone screen time better spent elsewhere.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Tue May 31, 2011 4:53 am

What a way to build up your post count quick though. I should go back through all 20 pages of this thread ... I've years of greetings to catch up on. :lol:

phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi guys I am new just stumbled upon the forum doing intense google searching for VCD information and well here I am.

I am mostly interested in the video capabilities of the system I remember reading old EGM magazines that talked about watching movies on CD and well it has always been a goal of mine to learn more about that elusive format. I never had a CD-i, 3DO or any other CD based system as a kid but I always drooled over all three of the main ones, Sega CD and 3DO were the two I wanted most to be perfectly honest but I had a strong interest in all three.

So about me,

I am a casual video game collector, I used to be pretty die hard but lack of funding and moving on to other interests have reduced my collecting to virtual collecting which is find cuz the main reason I buy old games is to play them not look at their cases on a shelf, that is what I collect LaserDisc for.

I am also a huge movie nerd, all I like is to watch movies I am even going to school to learn video production and broadcasting so I can someday get into the business one way or another. I am even making a short promo movie for my local chamber of commerce so I am on my way.

I am also a big movie collector, I buy everything Betamax, VHS, Super VHS, Video2000 Super 8mm 16mm, Laser Disc, CED, VCD, DVD, HD-DVD, Blu Ray and even digital movies too.

My main movie of course is Star Wars, but setting that aside my favorite movies are Ghost World, Mallrats, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Chasing Amy, Being John Malkavich, A Nightmare on Elm Street series, Lethal Weapon, and Marvel comics movies. Oh yeah I am into comic books too but on casually and mostly marvel.

so that is pretty much all about me. So hi and I might stick around for a while because I got lots of questions to ask.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Welcome to the forum. Its a bit quiet at the moment, but theres lots of old posts to catch up on until things pick up again.

phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

well I do have a lot of questions so reading the old posts might be a good place to start.

Interite
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Interite » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Another newbie to the forum. Shame that it´s a bt quiet at the moment, but there sure is a lot of old and interesting posts to read. Great forum!

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Hello and welcome.

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:52 am

Hello all, owned a cdi now since 1994 and now over the years have managed to purchase pretty much every title ever released, and have obviously really enjoyed some games and really cringed at others, my favouites and I still play regular include, the apprentice, PAC panic, pinball, dimo's quest, 7th guest, tetris, hotel mario, mutant rampage (wish they had released more or these as I think it rivals streets of rage on the megadrive), tetsuo gaiden. I am attepting later today to re-place the battery in my 450 as I'm gutted that I have lost all my saved data, also if successful will attempt the battery exchange in my 470 @ 210 as both these players now won't save. Well thought would say hello and hope everyone is well in the CD-i world?

Regards
Chris

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Welcome to the forums. Hope your battery exchange is a success.

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 am

hello,everyone

Siemen

Post by Siemen » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi, everyone.

Today, I finally connected our old CD-I to the television and thought I might as well make an account here. :)

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Welcome to the forum.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

notHuman

Post by notHuman » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey peoples.
I just bought a cd-i 220/60

I love it but my video display is black and white for some reason. I joined so I could post in the technical support forum to get some help. But I find many of the treads to be very entertaining and just fun to read. Really glad I got this thing and can't wait to play it in color haha.

Believe it or not, the AVGN video kind of prompted me to get this thing... not even for the zelda games as much as just because it seemed like a really cool system!

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Welcome!
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Rob68

Hello

Post by Rob68 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi,
My Name's Robert, and I live in the West London area. I found this forum after a search for a fix for my faulty cdi-220.
I was a big CD-i fan back in the 90's and have a CDi-220. Unfortunately, yesterday it made a cracking noise and stopped working while playing a CD. I will be looking for some help diagnosing and getting it repaired at a later date.
I have quite a few CD-i titles including games, digital video discs, and video cd's. I also have alot of the CD-i magazines .
I was in Eindhoven last November and visited the Philips Museum. Well worth a visit if you get the chance. They had a CD-i on display and I noticed a CD-i 220 on their repair bench. I hope I can make use of this forum and also help out fellow CD-i fans.