Hotel Mario - The Good & the Bad

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 am

Yes you are right - well done! I knew I would miss one of them out!

Love Micro machines on cd-i - great music and bonus introductions before each race starts. I particularly like the helicopters. Always a good game to play with my mates this one.

If only cd-i had had more racing games. I don't even include Video Speedway in this. Super Off Road would have worked really well on cd-i. Dead End looked great but was not released. I still play Accelerator all the time.

Would also have loved to see a basketball game or even Olympics / track and field game.

Alan

ejesus
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by ejesus » Tue May 22, 2012 1:44 pm

I think it's a nice casual game, nothing too exciting but also not that bad. I love the koopa kids! The music is also great! But sometimes the gameplay is a little bit weird and I would hope for more power ups. It really makes me wish that it would be possible to get flowers delivered with serenata to make the game easier :)

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 am

ejesus wrote:I think it's a nice casual game, nothing too exciting but also not that bad. I love the koopa kids! The music is also great! But sometimes the gameplay is a little bit weird and I would hope for more power ups. It really makes me wish that it would be possible to get flowers delivered with serenata to make the game easier :)
Some of the more original spam I've seen.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

qw4tt0r

Post by qw4tt0r » Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 pm

I don't like Hotel Mario at all.
The controlls are actualy pretty good and the graphics look decent but the level design ruins everything for me.
In my opinion they should have made Wacky Worlds instead, atleast that game (like the zelda CD-i games) was in the same style of gameplay of the nintendo made games.
Philips CDi 210, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, 3DS, N64, Game Cube, PS1, PSone, PS2, PS3 slim, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, PC.

ArfredHitchcacku

Re: Hotel Mario - The Good & the Bad

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14 am

I personally love the cutscenes, and this goes far beyond the "lol it was in a Youtube Poop" factor. It's like, the horrible quality reverses itself and becomes so bad it's good, but then sinks lower and reverses itself again to be horrible beyond belief, but then reverses itself again to be so bad it's even BETTER. I mean, it's so embarrassingly awful, so transcendentally void of even smallest modicum of decent writing and humor, that it becomes eclipsingly brilliant and one of the funniest, entertaining and unique pieces of audio visual entertainment of all time. Zelda doesn't even reach that territory.
Best game on 3DS? The only one that's also on CD-I.