Best Gamecube games

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Best Gamecube games

Post by Bas » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:40 pm

which are the the best ones, and why?

InTheSand
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by InTheSand » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:06 am

Hi,

Wow! Someone else bought a GameCube rather than a PS2 or XBox! I thought I was the only one! :D

My personal favourites are BurnOut and BurnOut 2 - simply for the pure feeling of speed you get when whizzing around with the turbo on!

For a multi-player game, I enjoy TimeSplitters 2 - I like the variety of situations and locations, and have read that the recent follow-up is pretty good too.

It seems the GameCube situation in New Zealand is pretty much non-existant. Only a select few retail stores carry any GC titles, and even then it's a very restricted selection.

- Ali

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:26 am

no, i don't have it. I just want to know if it's worth buying. I'm pretty much into Twilight Princess and don't want to miss that.

InTheSand
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by InTheSand » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:44 pm

Hi,

Well, if you can get one cheaply with the title you're after then why not!

However... There's less of a range of titles than for the other consoles, and depending on your local situation, you might find it harder to get GameCube titles than XBox/PS2 ones.

And... most importantly, in the UK at least, PS2 and XBox titles are available heavily discounted after about a year after they've been released. This never really seemed to happen with the GC, with a lot of titles staying near their full price.

In hindsight, I should have bought a PS2, but was swayed by the Star Wars game available on the GC at the time of release.

If I was buying a console now, I'd personally either wait for the PS3 or get a cheap second-hand PS2.

- Ali

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Best Gamecube games

Post by Devin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:06 pm

Bas wrote:which are the the best ones, and why?
Resident Evil 4: Just play it!!
Ikaruga: Not as good as Radiant Silvergun but it's the modern equivalent.

That's about the extent of why I bought a GameCube :D

Overdrive_X
Softech Recruit

Re: Best Gamecube games

Post by Overdrive_X » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:43 pm

Devin wrote:
Bas wrote:which are the the best ones, and why?
Resident Evil 4: Just play it!!
Ikaruga: Not as good as Radiant Silvergun but it's the modern equivalent.

That's about the extent of why I bought a GameCube :D
Luigi's Mansion :P i finished this game a couple of time per day was too cool :X The simpson hit and run