Take a look @ this....

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
TerraTron
Burn:Cycle Activated

Take a look @ this....

Post by TerraTron » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:57 pm

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64016

:evil:

There are some people who think they are better off with a fckn Nintendo....

TerraTron

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:01 pm

Well, if you only want to play Zelda games, I guess the Nintendo has more of them :-)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:19 pm

quite common way of thinking, no? you can't deny the line-up of cd-i games (comparing to Nintendo consoles) isn't very strong, but the most of them only know cd-i from its popular days. Games like Drug Wars, Creature Shock, Solar Crusade are often unknown to their minds.... I don't get why they all feel Zelda's Adventure is a bad game. I love it...

When you read and hear all the reactions they all start about the nintendo games first, it feels like these games attract cd-i to them the most!

I'm sure this emulator will boost the cd-i interest!

Overdrive_X
Softech Recruit

Post by Overdrive_X » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:13 pm

Bas wrote:quite common way of thinking, no? you can't deny the line-up of cd-i games (comparing to Nintendo consoles) isn't very strong, but the most of them only know cd-i from its popular days. Games like Drug Wars, Creature Shock, Solar Crusade are often unknown to their minds.... I don't get why they all feel Zelda's Adventure is a bad game. I love it...

When you read and hear all the reactions they all start about the nintendo games first, it feels like these games attract cd-i to them the most!

I'm sure this emulator will boost the cd-i interest!
Wand of Gameleon is a bad game , Link and Zelda are good games

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:13 am

i thought 'Link - Faces of Evil' is 99% the same game as 'Zelda - Wand of Gamelon' ... (both not the best ...)

Overdrive_X
Softech Recruit

Post by Overdrive_X » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:30 am

Bas wrote:i thought 'Link - Faces of Evil' is 99% the same game as 'Zelda - Wand of Gamelon' ... (both not the best ...)
As fae as i try them link had better level then zelda gameleon

adi

Post by adi » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:31 pm

ive got 3 cdi zelda games i think i havent been able to play them YET, but no matter how many people say they are crappy i think most of those people probably havent actualy played them and i will look forward to playing them for my self

wand of gamelon
faces of evil
zeldas adventure

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:31 am

WoG and FoE were my first Zelda games ever, though as a very big Zelda enthusiast, I have to say my first *real* Zelda game was Link To The Past. :P

But honestly, I loved WoG and FoE. They suffered quite a bit from bad controls and creepy Russian animations, but I didn't notice that at all when I was younger and playing them. The art and music in those games is absolutely beautiful.

I never played Zelda's Adventure, but I've seen it played and it looks super-annoying. I mean, you have to allow like five seconds for each and every screen to load! *arg*
It's like 1993 all over again!

Eat-an-Octorok

Post by Eat-an-Octorok » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:06 pm

"The art and music in those games is absolutely beautiful."

Link wore lipstick.

"Oh boy! I'm so hungry I could eat an octorok!"

"I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!!!!!!!!!"

"Gee! It sure is boring around here!"

"After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, then we'll talk about mercy."

Most Zelda fans say these were crap. I can't wait to play them, for comic value, and to be glad they never made a fourth Phillips Zelda game. From the videos the gameplay looks absolutely AWFUL and all reviews said they were crap.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 pm

It's a matter of much debate why Philips didn't use the license to greater effect although a combination of restraints from Nintendo and a timetable for the promotion of CD-i are the prime suspects!!

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:38 pm

EaO, you have never played the games so keep an open mind. It was 1993, remember :P

The hand-drawn background art is truly well-done, and the music (by Tony Trippi) is great early 90's new age stuff.
It's like 1993 all over again!

[Playfull]

Post by [Playfull] » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:35 pm

all people are entitled to differents oppions but if you are so much against the CD-I i guess you took a wrong turn :)

becouse here you will mostly find people there enjoyed the past where they played CD-I

Foleyjo

Post by Foleyjo » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:14 am

Eat-an-Octorok wrote:
Most Zelda fans say these were crap. I can't wait to play them, for comic value, and to be glad they never made a fourth Phillips Zelda game. From the videos the gameplay looks absolutely AWFUL and all reviews said they were crap.
Most CDI fans didnt buy a CDI to play Zelda

unblestone

Post by unblestone » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:35 am

Foleyjo wrote:Most CDI fans didnt buy a CDI to play Zelda
True. I would even say that no one bought a CD-i to play Zelda. :lol:

I hope I can finally play Super Mario's Wacky Worlds with the CD-i Emulator, it doesn't work well on my PAL CD-i 210... :(

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:52 am

That's a beta game you're talking about. It is supposed not to play for 100%. The emulator will not change this.