Metal Gear Solid 4

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Metal Gear Solid 4

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Just found a good source for the new game trailer from GameTrailers.com if anyone is interested. It's looking pretty good and Kojima even provided evidence to the crowds that this was in realtime!! Quite impressive stuff and well worth checking out if your even remotely interested in next generation gaming.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:01 pm

nice...

As long as Nintendo's in! I love these controllers:

ImageImage

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:06 pm

I'm in two minds about these controllers, undoubtedly it is a revolution to gamers. My main concern is the accuracy of the controller in games and what if your operating the games machine on a small screen, surely it would be difficult to control in comparison to a 32" model?

It's a very risky move by Nintendo but quite a refreshing change to be honest. As I did get the feeling Nintendo were lacking a certain innovation from the N64 through to the GameCube.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:09 pm

That's true. The N64 was very innovative with Mario 64. This really was jaw-dropping at the time. The GC never got my attention, only 'Twilight Princess' might getting me over the edge. I'm really for innovation, and these tricks are looking impressive. I'm sure Nintendo has done enough research to know this is a wise step. They've also created something wonderful with the Nintendo DS. It's only the lack of games which is struggling it, but at the end of next year, i'm sure i love DS more than the PSP.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:14 pm

I'm waiting for the killer application to sell me on the PSP and the DS although I have to admit ElectroPlankton is looking very tempting!!

Think i'll still end up opting for the PSP due to the media player functionality of the device over the DS.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:17 pm

i really don't see the use of exclusive UMD video releases on it. This means you can only watch them on your PSP. Who wants that? It seems to be ill-fated just like the VCD format. No standard=no succes....

The Browser functions are great on the PSP. PSP will get very popular...

Amazing the XBOX will be in stores here december 2nd. Amazing.... Are you gonna buy one?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:22 pm

That's a difficult question!!

I've persuaded myself to wait until next year, probably when the first price drop occurs. Although I can see myself becoming weak and buying the system at the first sniff of Ghost Recon 3 or Gears of War...hell I might even get it just for Quake 4. FPS is king unless this is MGS :wink:

Foleyjo
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Foleyjo » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:04 am

Metal Gear promotes smoking. In the 60's snake was smoking cigars. From the MG4 screenshots Ive seen he is still smoking but he is getting on in years now and he is still really fit. Im not an anti smoking campaigner but its a wonder why no anti smoking campaigners havent tried to ban it yet!!

As for that controller with its slick new tv remote look - It looks like one of my CDI controllers however mine doesnt need an attachment for analogue