Faulty 210

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
blackfrostbite
Burn:Cycle Activated

Faulty 210

Post by blackfrostbite » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:02 pm

Hi, this is my first time here. My cdi 210 have just stopped working. What i mean is i`m getting blue screen or jumping to the memory screen, telling me that it is full, even though i delete everything that is on there. Has the 210 got a battery? If so, where can it be found on the machine, what would i do to recharge it. Also the tray has stopped opening, can anyone help please?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:28 pm

This does sound like NV-RAM Death where the "Chip Battery" has runout of power and caused a loop in the memory which is why it keeps asking you to delete files from memory when it's not even full. Only answer is to get a new NV-RAM module and get somebody to install it which is likely to be fairly expensive. If your not technically inclined to soldering the module yourself that is! Other than this some have speculated on modifying the module to accept a 9V battery as an alternate power source, although any such procedure hasn't been explained fully yet.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

TerraTron

Typical case of a failing Timekeeper Ram

Post by TerraTron » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:23 am

It's for 100% your Timekeeper M48T08.....

I just wrote a HowTo Repair your Timekeeper Guide

Take a look...

Here >>>

TerraTron
We don't want to link everything... Just index..

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:58 am

Nice one!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

blackfrostbite

thanks for the good advice

Post by blackfrostbite » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:59 pm

thankyou for giving mr your wisdom,but i have just bought 2 of ebay,one is a 470,and a 210,hopefully this should keep me going for a few years,but asking for advice is not begging,i guess its why we are all here to learn,but i really do thank all of you for giving it some thought,but i have kept my old 210,perhaps in the future i may be able to get it repaired