Next-Gen Platforms

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Next-Gen Platforms

Post by Devin » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:36 am

Anybody interested in the Next Generation Platforms. I think i'll do my best to wait it out until they've all been released and built up a decent game catalogue. Although last time I was completely bowled over by XBOX with Jet Set Radio Future and HALO persuading me into an early purchase!!

Look at some of the games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360 and I think the same's gonna happen again!! Game Spy ran a nice selection of screenshots/descriptions recently that you can currently view here.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:20 am

I also want to wait, but some games push me over the bridge as well. I'm eagerly watching at Zelda's development, perhaps i'll even buy a gamecube for that one. I was so astonished after playing Ocarina of time, it is certainly one of the best games ever.

GTA however caught me and that's why i don't have a cube right now...

I'm more of a Nintendo fan i guess. I love the DS, and the New Super Mario Brothers is something i love to see...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:39 am

Yeah I always get sucked in by GTA games as well :?

GameCube is as cheap as chips around here these days, you really should get one then promptly buy a copy of Resident Evil 4 as well!! Seriously this game alone is worth the price of entry, now i'm hankering for a quick play of "The Village" level again. It's also interesting to see the over the top impression of Europe from a Japanese developer. Mud stained levels of spain to the blood red religous bastions, they have it all. This is the one game i've played where it all ties together Graphics, Sound, Gameplay into an awesome experience. Tension throughout the game, hell you can't even rest through the in game curscenes which require quick repsonse button mashing.