Gizmondo

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Gizmondo

Post by Bas » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:38 am

What an excellent feature I just read in GamesTM about this Gizmondo, I never heard of it before but apparently it's out of existence already! Any UK or US readers seen this handheld or even played it?

Gizmondo on Wikipedia

william
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by william » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:48 pm

Yeah i've got one,managed to pick one up from HMV for £40 and games for £6.99 nearly two months ago,as since gizmondo went bust hmv were selling off their stock,we've talked about this on retro gamer's forum and found out not all hmvs had the same idea as some hmv sent theirs back to the suppliers.
its not actually that bad a machine even though their isn't really any killer apps for it,but it did have a digital camera and mp3 player built in.
also didn't think 'Games Tm' feature was too impressive as they didn't really mention where else they frittered the money away or about the destruction of the ferrari.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:27 am

It's been an interesting story to follow! Like you say with the crashed Ferrari and the alleged involvement of a German driver who mysteriously disappeared after the accident! Then the new story about an executive with links to the Mob, it seems the whole company was built around the criminal underworld and would make a pretty good game in itself! Does anyone remember seeing the first appearance of Gizmondo at E3? It had the president (or some high excutive) at the Gizmondo booth with his hands groping two booth babes whilst being asked some serious question like "How do you think the Gizmondo will succeed in this highly competitive market?" followed with the exec peering down the tops of both babes and answering "Well what can you say!" Priceless :roll:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"