Questions about burn cd-i

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
jhpeter
Burn:Cycle Activated

Questions about burn cd-i

Post by jhpeter » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:05 am

I take an Iso and the game starts ok, but soon its freezes (that screen telling your disc are dirty and something), I burn the disc at 1x with cdrwin the media was a Benq. I have had some Ok burns... But I wanna know from you guys, since you have a Iso, what you can you use or modify to solve, like this problem in freezes since the disc is all clean.

Thanks a lot for you attention

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:37 am

Cd-i players can be a prick with CD-R media, although not every type has issues with certain brands. If you have any problems, try a different brand, or perhaps a different burning program. Usually I take Discjuggler which is a great program. My Philips and Maxwell CDR's never gave me any problems.

I have to say, it happens a lot when you have a download istead of an 'original' ISO the file may be corrupt and a message like yours is quite common in that case.

jhpeter
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by jhpeter » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:15 pm

Thanks so much Bas, I love to collect these incredible games (with unique MPEG graphics), but some games are too far to find... so What you mean an "original Iso" since its a bit complicate to find, I tell in emule for ex. Do you mean in some sites listed in the cd-i.eigenstart whose have links to download sites with iso?

Thanks a lot

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Original ISO files you can make with your original game ;)
Using Discjuggler you create the ISO file and you're sure it's not corrupt, use it to play with the CD-i Emulator. On p2p sites and torrents you can find a lot of (illegal) ISO files. The quality of those files is always questionable.

Beware we don't approve the illegal distribution of CD-i ISO files (while ofcourse we won't deny it ;)) so please don't post any links which direct to such sites :roll: