CD-I 220/37 problems: Dead front display and no audio/video

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
Kardon
Burn:Cycle Activated

CD-I 220/37 problems: Dead front display and no audio/video

Post by Kardon » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:04 pm

I'm trying to help a friend of mine who just recently got a non-working CD-I 220/37. (Unfortunately we're not in the same location so I'm trying to help him from afar.) He has told me that when he powers up the unit he can get discs to spin, but there is absolutely nothing going on. No audio, no video, and the front panel display seems dead too as nothing shows up.

I'm brand new both here on the site and to working on CD-I units in general so I'm hoping someone with experience can help :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:05 pm

Sounds difficult! I would call on a wires-check, or if you open the outside you may see a broken contact?

The influence of a dead battery I'm not really sure about, maybe someone elkse has a clue :roll:

Kardon

Post by Kardon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey Bas, thanks for the response. Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly: a problem with the wiring or contacts could be related to the audio/video issue, and the dead front panel display might be a dead battery?

Kardon

Post by Kardon » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:22 am

Anyone else have any advice on this? My friend opened up the system and found a small black plastic piece that apparently had been connected near the transistor that regulates the power that had broken off. Would that affect anything?