Interactive Dreams

Blog full of information on CD-i and how Philips ambitious interactive idealism reverberates throughout the world of technology to this day and age. With commentary from developers through sales personal and even game testers, Interactive Dreams offers plenty of insight and retrospective analysis.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Interactive Dreams

Post by Bas » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm

Located right here, I started Interactive Dreams in 2005 and changed the whole engine three times, including the current one. The options for Blogger are huge, and I'm only halfway exploring the possibilities in creating a full website.

Main goal is to focus attention on all the forgotten topics we've had, and create new ones as long as my time allows for it. Currently, the update ratio is too high, but it gets the content big and various. The only thought behind the whole project is to feed my own fun. I just like to fool around with it, and that people like to read it is a thankful answer.

The visitor stats are a lot higher than I expected, and still rising. Unbelievable.

I hope we will enjoy CD-i for a long long time to come ;)

You can post your comments about the website right here, whether it be requests, errors, article submissions, questions, well anything.

Enjoy the website!

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Thank you VERY kindly for the mention. Im surprised my Photoshop mock up of a CD-i player wasn't used. Anyway nice looking site.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:26 am

thank you for the great artwork you provided!
I highly encourage you to create more of those!

In What picture did you mock up the player itself? Seems like I missed one?

Oh, and tell me, do you experience bugs in the website? (I'd like to hear more people!)

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:40 am

Im sure I put it in one of my posts on here somewhere .. but here it is again:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49142360/

And well I am still working on CD-i based/inspired stuff .. just most my stuff never works its way from paper to the screen, or when it does its usually months sometimes years later lol.

And nope I haven't experienced any bugs in the site. Seems to work a load well for me, and if it helps with testing on different browsers I use/am using firefox.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:06 am

very nice picture! I've never seen it, maybe I missed that link! How do you make pictures like that?

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:05 am

Thanks, and well I think it might have been kinda hidden away in the post, and well too much time on my hands and an addiction to photoshop are the main ways I make them ;).

If I still have the original psd on here I might make a small tutorial on how I did it if you want.

Edit:Yep just found that I still have the originlal photoshop file, along with one attempt at making a version in the style of the old 3D glasses posters/images, just never found any glasses in the house to test it with lol.

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Post by Vincent XIII » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:28 am

your site rocks :D

tlh
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by tlh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks for letting me be a part of great thing. Thanks again for posting the arcade project that I am working on. tlh

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:20 am

Bas, is there no way to link your blog and this forum for accounts? What I mean is, I tried to post a comment (thinking I could uses my CD-i forum info) but saw that I needed a Google/blogger account instead.

Anyway, your blog is great! :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on a couple of games, mainly ...

-Secret Mission
-Scotland Yard Interactive

If you don't have any specific reviews lined up, maybe you'd consider these ...

Keep up the good work! :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Trev,
The forum (which runs on phpbb) and the blog (which runs ons Google's Blogger) runs on different engines and I have no technical knowledge how to implement both into eachother, it would be cool though! The former 'Le Monde du CD-i' did the same kind of thing a few years back... If you have some ideas how to do that, I'm interested!

You can post comments on Interactive Dreams anonymously, as far as I know you can choose between a google account or an anonymous comment. Does that not work?

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm

I don't have any ideas unfortunately (off the top of my head anyway) but will certainly let you know if I should be struck w/insight.

To be honest, I didn't try anonymously. Perhaps I will. If you see a post encouraging you to give Flashback another chance you know who it's from. :wink: