what FMV shooters are there?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
dementedde
Burn:Cycle Activated

what FMV shooters are there?

Post by dementedde » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:07 pm

Here's the list that I know are popular

Mad Dog McCree
Mad Dog 2: The Lost Gold
Crime Patrol
Crime Patrol 2 (Drug Wars)
The Last Bounty Hunters
Fast Draw
Space Pirates
Who Shot Johnny Rock?

However there are some I remember that is impossible for me to find even on the internet!

Do any of you remember Diabalo Bros? A cowboy game in the simular style as Mad Dog except you have a miget as a guide... Shoot the bottles out of his hand in the tutorial and then shoot the bad guys that are threatening him... Have a massive shoot-out in a Saloon that is bigger than simular scenes in the other cowboy games... Also one part you have to shoot a door knob before the bad guy on the other side shoots through the door at you.

Another game that was in the same tradition to Crime Patrol was... I can't remember the name but you have a machine gun all the way through. I didn't get far, all I remember is you start off at the seaside - shooting people coming out of a car and then some surrounded by innocent tourists on one of those sight-seeing cars. After that, you're on the move in a car shooting bad guys that are in others... And then a final conflict on a carousel ride (don't think I have spelt that propely.) After killing them the ride starts to have sparks from it.

Another, is part driving and part shooting... I was more for the shooting part. This game didn't appeal to me much because I am all about shooting rather than driving (even though I now would love to know how that would work.)

Do any of you know what I am talking about with these games?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:44 am

Both Fast Draw Space Pirates never made it on CD-i, but the others are released by CapDisc. Also I've never heard of Diabalo Bros, but it's no CD-i game ;)

gtdalby

Re: what FMV shooters are there?

Post by gtdalby » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:11 am

dementedde wrote:Do any of you remember Diabalo Bros?
I have it for PC. Isn't it called Zorton Brothers though?

dementedde wrote:Another, is part driving and part shooting... I was more for the shooting part. This game didn't appeal to me much because I am all about shooting rather than driving (even though I now would love to know how that would work.)
Sounds like COPS.

Check out the list of games here:
http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/

dementedde

Post by dementedde » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Yes! COPS and Zorton Brothers... I don't know why I always thought it was Diabalo Brothers :lol: I doubt their for the CDi as well are they?

I loved Zorton Brothers, what consoles can you get it for? I just checked on ebay and the results for this are zero. Where could I buy it?

Also the same two questions for COPS as well.

gtdalby

Post by gtdalby » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Don't think either of them came out on CD-i.

I only know of the PC DOS version of Zorton Brothers (try searching for Los Justicieros on eBay, there's 1 copy there now)

It's in Spanish and got crap video quality though.

COPS was made by Atari so it would have possibly come out for the Jaguar CD if it didn't die so soon ;)

As it is now it was only released in arcade AFAIK.

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Zorthon Brothers is only for PC DOS, PC WIN3.1 (omfg!) and MSX+Laserdisc.

Were made in Bizkaia, Basque Country, Spain by Picmatic. Picmatic made 2 shooters more only for Laserdisc+MSX: Marbella Vice (with Santiago Segura) and Tierras Salvajes (Zorthon Brothers 2, in fact).

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:27 am

to answer the question in the thread title - Thunder in Paradise is another FMV shooter

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:15 am

Shroo-man wrote:to answer the question in the thread title - Thunder in Paradise is another FMV shooter
Although Thunder features computer animated enemies instead of FMV characters. So it's not 100% Full Motion Video.

In my opinion Thunder is the best because of this, as the enemnies now aren't pre-fixed on the same places everytime, but they appear random!

CoolKid19

Post by CoolKid19 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:21 pm

I think Digital Leisure made some of these games for the DVD player. I don't know how they can make a shooter playable with DVD controller. Does anyone have any of these games from Digital Leisure.

I bought one that wasn't a shooter, the hologram one by Sega, with the cowboy traveling through time.