Third-Party Conversions

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Third-Party Conversions

Post by Devin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Just realised, out of all the conversions to CD-i only two studios of the original IP converted it to the format!

Argonaut with Creature Shock and Codemasters with Micro Machines. Strikes me as odd is all :shock:

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 pm

I thought Pete was working at Mirage when he converted Rise of the Robots on CD-i.

some to think about:
Gremlin made Litil Divil.
Coktel Vision made Inca.
Cryo made Lost Eden

In the credits you read sometimes "Thanks to...." people from Philips, but I thought they made the conversion by themselves. All third parties. All conversions. Perhaps with a bag of money from Philips, but still :)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:17 pm

No, those games I believe were produced 'at the same time' as the other versions. When I say conversion I mean an already successful game given the CD-i overhaul because Philips present a big bag of money scenario! :wink:

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Tetris

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Devin

I enjoyed reading the Apprentice review. Excellent stuff. I agree without a doubt one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played. And it was HARD too, so big satisfaction upon completing it.

Alan

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks all go to Chris Adamson.

Can not praise up his reviews enough, even if I disagree with some of them! Especially the Mutant Rampage review which is a game I love for being so bizare yet not to Chris's liking! :wink:

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:43 am

Bas wrote:I thought Pete was working at Mirage when he converted Rise of the Robots on CD-i.
Speaking of Pete, did you see the interview in Retro Games, in the last issue (or current issue here)? It was more focused on his homebrew efforts, rather than the CD-i. Rise of the Robots (and CD-ice) did get mentioned though.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:26 pm

No, but Retro Games is not sold here in The Netherlands (as far as I know), so I don't regularly read it. If it's interesting I order a copy from the publisher. So, any interesting info inside?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Pete did mention an interview, got RetroGamer sitting on my desk. Have to have a read through later!